WHAT IS YOUNG SKÅL…
Young Skål is a special membership category for tourism students or young professionals in the travel and tourism industry. Those who qualify for Active membership cannot be approved as Young Skål members purely on the grounds of age.
You must be a student or young professional in one of the classifications described in Article I section 1.2. of the Skål Bylaws for at least one year.
The requirements to become a Young Skål member are:
- (a) Young Skål Student is a student at an authorised, tourism, educational establishment which grants a degree or recognised diploma upon completion of studies. They must be a minimum of 18 and a maximum of 27 years of age.
- (b) Young Skål Professional is a young professional training for or working in the industry. They must be a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 29 years of age.
- (c) Young Skål Associate is a Young Skål Professional still training for or working in the industry after the age of 29 who does not yet qualify for Active membership may continue as Young Skål Associate member until the age of 35.
THE OBJECTIVES OF YOUNG SKÅL:
– To develop friendship and common purpose between the students of the educational establishment, by participating in areas related to the tourism industry, but also in cultural, sports, travel and public relations activities.
– To encourage and assist in the tourism education or experience of the members by participating in Skål activities and meeting Skål members.
– To cooperate voluntarily in all Skål activities and the organisation set up by the Club.
– To ensure that its members are fully aware of Skål, locally, nationally and internationally.
– Young Skål members automatically have all the benefits of Active membership through the Skål International website.
– Clubs may transfer Young Skål members who qualify to Active membership at any time, once eligibility has been established.
– Young Skål members may attend Skål World Congresses availing themselves of possible special discounts at the discretion of the host Club.
Young Skål members who leave the training institute and do not enter the industry or if employed depart from an industry position would cease to be eligible for membership.
WHAT IS SKÅL?
We are an organization of travel professionals with roughly 17,000 members in 400 clubs across 80 countries who join together to do business with friends and promote tourism.
WHO ARE WE?
Our members include every sector in the travel industry. Whether you hail from a tour operator, travel agency, hotel, tourist board, airline, cruise company or any of the many other sectors in travel we welcome you.
HOW WOULD SKÅL BENEFIT YOU (YOUR COMPANY)?
With our sector diversity we can be your trusted Rolodex to the world. Whether you want to grow your business or consult about a new opportunity you can reach out to members in New York, London, Myanmar, Zimbabwe or any of the other 400 clubs in 80 countries where a trusted Skålleague is at your fingertips.
THE POWER OF SKÅL
Three proven ways to experience the power of Skål.
Reach out directly to members both in your area and around the world and build relationships and business, you won’t believe the doors membership can open especially internationally.
Visit Skål Clubs when traveling. Every club meets monthly and Skål meetings are a wonderful place to build your business and network.
Attend a national or international Skål Conference and experience the diversity and scope of the organization. If you never attend a conference you cannot experience the true power of Skål.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS OF BEING A SKÅL MEMBER?
Members are expected to attend a minimum of three meetings a year. While you can attend meetings at any chapter around the world, we ask that you join the New York chapter as frequently as you can. The power of Skål comes from our members which is why we need your active engagement to keep the organization vibrant.
WHAT IS THE COST OF MEMBERSHIP?
Our annual Young Skål dues are $50 annually. When you move from Young Skål to an active member of Skål International New York our dues will cost $299 annually. The cost of events are not included in your dues.
DO YOU WANT TO START YOUR JOURNEY WITH SKÅL?
Contact our membership team for an application at: