Membership of Skål is open to managers or executives directly involved in tourism management, sales and promotions, in specified travel and tourism businesses, including: transportation (airlines, cruise lines, railways, ferries), travel and tour operators and agencies, tourism organisations, governments and non-government tourism councils, hotels, convention centres, travel media; etc.
The international friendship and close personal contact of Skål must be experienced to be appreciated.
“Doing Business among friends”. Skål is not a community organisation like Rotary or Lions, rather it benefits and develops the professional sector, while assisting the community at large. Skål is an Association of Tourism professionals which encourages and creates a network of professionals around the world. It promotes seminars and conferences to strengthen the industry’s professionalism.
Through participation in local activities and events at all levels, members meet industry colleagues from around the world. Here, in an atmosphere of amicale, ideas, opportunities and industry matters, in general, may be shared on a personal and business level.
Skål members should promote the organisation, the formation of new Clubs and recruit qualified members.
A Skål International Membership Form is available from New York SKAL at email@example.com. Membership can also be submitted online at www.Skål.org. Those interested in membership may attend a Club meeting nearby or while travelling on business or leisure. Prospective members must be endorsed by two current members and the local Executive and National Committees. Final approval must be obtained from Skål International.
- Through contributions from Clubs around the world, the Florimond Volckaert Fund assists any Skål member in times of financial need or crisis.
- The Skål International Membership Card entitles members to discounts at some participating outlets, provided by Skål Members.
- The network of Skål Members worldwide is now accessible via the Skål website at www.Skål.org. Information on members around the world is at your fingertips.
- Skål Members are welcome at all meetings around the world. Wherever you travel, you can access a network of Skål friends and colleagues.
- Skål News, a magazine published quarterly, is a medium for information about the organisation and an avenue for advertising exposure to 20,000 industry professionals.